Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1988 SSP White notch

Sale on hold, decided I'm probably going to keep it

Washington State police car. Registered with the SSP Mustang registry. This SSP came with full length subframe connectors, boxed upper control arms, oil cooler, reinforced floor pans, MAF, black 10 holes, full size spare, k-member brace, ect. AC only car, so low weight, currently 2980, as it rolls down the road. Had it dynoed before I did the exhaust, put down 270 on a Dyno dynamics, dyno, they are very stingy, should be over 300 easy on a dynojet. Just put new TrickFlow heads, intake, Roller rockers, TB, CAI, 24lb injectors, Pro-m maf, 24lb injectors, Bama SCT chip, Dynomax catback exhaust, OR h-pipe, 3.55 gears, all less then 1500 miles. Car runs very good, but retains the stock driving attitude. Not a loud lopey hot rod, just a good running street car. I have all the stock parts to return to original. This was an in service police car and is not restored, do not expect a garage queen, but it's pretty clean for what it is. A few little bubbles of rust on 1 rear quarter, could use paint, and the interior plastic is old and dry rotted in places, but not torn up. Currently has the Cobra's on in the top pic, those and the 10 holes have very good tires, also have the snow tires on 10 holes from when it was in service. This car hasn't really been molested, or beat on in any way.
Bad : tranny grinds third when it's cold, or if you shift fast. Not surprising for a car like this with this mileage. Ashtray lid doesn't work. Converted AC last year, but it was still losing pressure every couple weeks. The temperature control knob doesn't work right, have to reach through the glove box to help it along going from hot to cold, should be easy fix. The gas gauge shows full till it gets down to around to around 1/4 of a tank, then works right. Could probably use a dyno tune, instead of a mail order tune.
Album has more pics, sorry but you have to wade through them all Mustangs Photos by asheck30 | Photobucket
More info, you can PM or
userjohn3767 @aol.com
I'm just outside Kansas City.
$7000 As it sits , both sets of wheels.
$5000 with the upgrades removed, and the stock stuff reinstalled.
$4250 if I take off the upgrades, and don't reinstall the stock stuff, though it would still come with it.
I am interested in trades of a 79-86 Mustang, only. AC and little to no rust, faster the better.

Vehicle: 1988 Ford Mustang LX (1FABP40E5JF196660)

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details

03/16/1988 WA
Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER

03/11/1996 HAYDEN, ID
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE

03/11/1996 HAYDEN, ID
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

03/27/1997 EAST WENATCHEE, WA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

03/19/1998 EAST WENATCHEE, WA

04/01/1999 EAST WENATCHEE, WA

11/08/1999 STOVER, MO

11/22/1999 STOVER, MO
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:CB602712)

11/20/2000 STOVER, MO

11/28/2001 STOVER, MO

11/27/2002 STOVER, MO

11/19/2004 STOVER, MO

11/30/2006 STOVER, MO

04/25/2012 INDEPENDENCE, MO
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

05/01/2012 INDEPENDENCE, MO
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:TWG08403)
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT

02/20/2013 BONNER SPRINGS, KS
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AA0853812)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
$6500 , no Cobra wheels

Really want a carbed 4eyed. Will look at rollers or drivers.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No longer looking for a 4eyed car, found an 83. Will consider partial trades of other vehicles + cash or a good 347 with cash. Will consider cash offers.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$5900 without cobras
$3700 Upgraded heads, intake, and exhaust removed, stock stuff not installed. Can have local shop install stock components minus emissions for $800

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do, and would sale it, but just found out this weekend that there is a little tweak in the front frame. My understanding is that it is very fixable, around $500 and it doesn't seem to effect the driving as it drives very solid and straight. It's also had the stock components installed, except the Dynomax catback is still on, which brought up a couple issues, like the mounts for the air box were bad, the salt and pepper mount broke, the throttle spacer cooling lines were rusted, type stuff. Honestly I think the car is worth more to me as a as is driver, then anyone would want to pay. I'll listen to offers, but there's still a lot of value here for me, and I don't need to sale it. Sure doesn't look bad at 20 feet , imo, but at 5 you can tell it was an inservice police car, as expected.

· Registered
256 Posts
Nice Notch!

This looks a lot like an 89 SSP a dealer was selling in WA State. The Mustang only had 100 miles on it, and it was being sold as a used car. In 1989 few people new anything about the SSP cars, I actually thought it was ugly with the blue interior, plain looking seats, manual roll up windows, but I will always remember seeing that 160 Calibrated Speedo.
I could have picked it up for around 6k, but I had already purchased an 87 GT, and just didn't have the money.
I remember going to several dealers in WA State to check out the Notch's, even the big dealers would only have maybe 1 or 2, 5.0 Notch's and at least 10 GT's and 5.0 Hatch's:cool:

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure. Delivered it to Florida and that guy ended up selling it on ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.