Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The system is a year and a half old being exact. It was purchased new and installed on the car and ran it for less then 50 miles on a garage kept car. Removed the system about 4 months ago. Recently decided to go a different route .something easier to get some help with locally I'm ready to dive further into the tuning world .no around here runs pro-m.so I'm looking for a holley terminator kit 7 inch or bigger dash. maybe another holley syetem
all the sensors and distributor ready to run a turbo set up .2200$ plus shipping and pay pal fees .for a efi intake converted to carb with elbow and tb ready to run or a holley systemax intake. Intake and 1600 cash will work also thanks buyer will pay shipping and pay pal fees

·
Registered
213 Posts
This was in a 1989? What issues did you have tuning it? I thought the Pro M system you didn't have to do much tuning if any at all.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm leaning towards .for sure ..anybody I have a pro m turbo set up I'm wondering how everything is plumbed

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You're better off trying to learn the ProM. I have the Terminator X and it sucks, just sayin.
You're one of the few that seems to dislike the terminator x. What sucks about it?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
You're one of the few that seems to dislike the terminator x. What sucks about it?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
The kit is incomplete and the marketing information is deceiving. If your car is race oriented and/or your harness is incomplete then the Holley will get you going enough to make the car run until you can get a tune or tune yourself. If you're not a tuner and your car is very complete and nicer or showish quality then you will be disappointed. The Holley's set tables are far from close to what the foxbody wants. Holley does not have an understanding of the Ford IAC control. You need a laptop to set up the iac output, etc. What Holley should do is get with some of the guys making Youtube videos on how they are fixing Holley's problems and incorporate those settings in the base calibration so it will run a 5.0 and have somewhat close idle quality and transitions. What they really need to do is that, and include a dual sync distributer in the kit as well. The Term X struggles with the TFI and the dual sync improves timing control a lot, but out of the box the Term X is no where near what it needs to be for the casual enthusiast who doesn't have the time to pour over learning how to tune to the inth degree. I had mine sorted out pretty well but it still wasn't perfect. Changed cam and heads and it would barely run on the old tune. Had to basically start over and have been struggling with idle since and its only an Anderson B21.

For my purposes the ProM would have been a better choice but I listened to the hype. To get the Holley dialed in correctly, in my opinion you would need the dual sync, MSD box, all the transducers the kit doesn't come with, a laptop and a trip to the tuner. Then you still need to separate your harness to get the A/C circuit taken care of, your stock gauges if you want to keep them and your air bag circuit. With all that you are near, or right at the cost of the ProM if it in fact does what they say.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
The kit is incomplete and the marketing information is deceiving. If your car is race oriented and/or your harness is incomplete then the Holley will get you going enough to make the car run until you can get a tune or tune yourself. If you're not a tuner and your car is very complete and nicer or showish quality then you will be disappointed. The Holley's set tables are far from close to what the foxbody wants. Holley does not have an understanding of the Ford IAC control. You need a laptop to set up the iac output, etc. What Holley should do is get with some of the guys making Youtube videos on how they are fixing Holley's problems and incorporate those settings in the base calibration so it will run a 5.0 and have somewhat close idle quality and transitions. What they really need to do is that, and include a dual sync distributer in the kit as well. The Term X struggles with the TFI and the dual sync improves timing control a lot, but out of the box the Term X is no where near what it needs to be for the casual enthusiast who doesn't have the time to pour over learning how to tune to the inth degree. I had mine sorted out pretty well but it still wasn't perfect. Changed cam and heads and it would barely run on the old tune. Had to basically start over and have been struggling with idle since and its only an Anderson B21.

For my purposes the ProM would have been a better choice but I listened to the hype. To get the Holley dialed in correctly, in my opinion you would need the dual sync, MSD box, all the transducers the kit doesn't come with, a laptop and a trip to the tuner. Then you still need to separate your harness to get the A/C circuit taken care of, your stock gauges if you want to keep them and your air bag circuit. With all that you are near, or right at the cost of the ProM if it in fact does what they say.
About a month ago they released a video and specific page for the IAC. Honestly, if you can’t use a laptop you shouldn’t touch any stand alone.

·
Registered
306 Posts
About a month ago they released a video and specific page for the IAC. Honestly, if you can’t use a laptop you shouldn’t touch any stand alone.
Yeah, that's one of the videos by a user that I was talking about. That guys videos are more helpful than anything that Holley has put out.

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is the kind of **** you get when you are honest and try to help people on here. This forum has gone downhill in the last ten years for sure.
Ok chief I was just having a little fun… you’re the one that made a blanket statement that holley sucks. YOU took it upon yourself to buy an aftermarket solution. If you cant or dont want to use a laptop and get it dialed in properly you shouldnt have gone any route but dropping it off to a tuner that specializes in you’re particular car. Holley is literally the industry standard by volume across the plethora of automotive platforms. You cant say a system “sucks” because YOU didnt do enough research to know what you were getting yourself into. Plenty of people took the same leap you did, knowing what extras they needed to invest in and are happy with their investment.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok chief I was just having a little fun… you’re the one that made a blanket statement that holley sucks. YOU took it upon yourself to buy an aftermarket solution. If you cant or dont want to use a laptop and get it dialed in properly you shouldnt have gone any route but dropping it off to a tuner that specializes in you’re particular car. Holley is literally the industry standard by volume across the plethora of automotive platforms. You cant say a system “sucks” because YOU didnt do enough research to know what you were getting yourself into. Plenty of people took the same leap you did, knowing what extras they needed to invest in and are happy with their investment.
Maybe read more carefully junior. Never mentioned not being able to use a laptop, that was another assumption from another poster who didn't read fully either. My contention with the Holley is simple. I DID the research, I asked the tuners I knew etc.... The problem is, the Holley does not do what they say. I worked it out on my car but for someone who is trying to make the decision, I'll let them know the truth. The Terminator X "Foxbody Specific" is not a "plug and play" solution to your EFI tuning needs. Its a GM LS based table applied system with a foxbody injector harness and TFI plug. You cannot tune with the car only using the hand held as advertised, it doesn't work very well with Ford TFI, to keep your gauges you will need to strip those circuits out of the Ford harness and reuse them. Same goes for the airbag circuit and A/C circuit. If that'd not an issue for you and you like playing around with tuning then go for it, but the industry standard it is not. If you are looking for a "plug and play" EFI solution you better keep looking.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Maybe read more carefully junior. Never mentioned not being able to use a laptop, that was another assumption from another poster who didn't read fully either. My contention with the Holley is simple. I DID the research, I asked the tuners I knew etc.... The problem is, the Holley does not do what they say. I worked it out on my car but for someone who is trying to make the decision, I'll let them know the truth. The Terminator X "Foxbody Specific" is not a "plug and play" solution to your EFI tuning needs. Its a GM LS based table applied system with a foxbody injector harness and TFI plug. You cannot tune with the car only using the hand held as advertised, it doesn't work very well with Ford TFI, to keep your gauges you will need to strip those circuits out of the Ford harness and reuse them. Same goes for the airbag circuit and A/C circuit. If that'd not an issue for you and you like playing around with tuning then go for it, but the industry standard it is not. If you are looking for a "plug and play" EFI solution you better keep looking.
Damn i guess i should tell all my happy customers to throw their systems away because “lee boss” from the ford forum says holley sucks… :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Yeah, that's one of the videos by a user that I was talking about. That guys videos are more helpful than anything that Holley has put out.
No, it's directly from Holley.

Here's a link...

Dude you're so hung up on plug and play. The only ECU that's plug and play is a stock eec4 A9L on a stock application because it's entire strategy is designed over that exact engine. Anything else will require some actual work. That's the nature of doing this. If you want more power with no effort, go buy a new 5.0 throw some wheels on it and an instrgram sticker that says "follow my build."

Edit, sorry kcdmustang89 I'm out. If you want me to edit out my posts just send me a PM I'll be more than happy to.

Reactions: GTO44

·
Registered
306 Posts
No, it's directly from Holley.

Here's a link...

Dude you're so hung up on plug and play. The only ECU that's plug and play is a stock eec4 A9L on a stock application because it's entire strategy is designed over that exact engine. Anything else will require some actual work. That's the nature of doing this. If you want more power with no effort, go buy a new 5.0 throw some wheels on it and an instrgram sticker that says "follow my build."

Edit, sorry kcdmustang89 I'm out. If you want me to edit out my posts just send me a PM I'll be more than happy to.
The issue isn't the level of work required genius; its the misleading marketing and hype. I thought that was fairly obvious. Another breakdown in the education system I guess.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
The issue isn't the level of work required genius; its the misleading marketing and hype. I thought that was fairly obvious. Another breakdown in the education system I guess.
I figured out how to use it…:ROFLMAO:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts