Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new engine installed, with the new injectors the car runs way too rich, with the old ones intalled it runs fine. My question is does Ford make different 19# injectors for diferent cars ? both sets are orange in color, why would the new set run so rich ? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Maybe the new injectors flow more fuel due to being new they are flowing properly and your old injectors are clogged or at least partially,do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
may wanna get an adjustable one....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe but, i was wondering if the 19# injectors for a T-Bird are diferent than the 19# injectors for a Mustang, I cant imagine why Ford would do that but who knows ? Unless 1 or 2 of the new injectors are sticking open.....any other ideas....thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you reset the computer by unhooking the battery for a few minutes?It's possible the computer has compensated for loos of injector flow over time and now that you installed new one's it's still running the old curve.It might have to relearn to compensate for the new injectors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yea, the engine was out for like 3 days while a new one was getting put together. Now im wondering if 19# injectors for a stock maf are the same as 19# injectors for a larger maf. Like a 73mm maf from C&L calibrated for 19# injectors. ... any ideas ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts