Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my cobra never had the recall work done and it is running a little hot for me. I ordered a new radiator from steeda and I was wondering what size thermostat you guys recommend. I always run a 180 in my other cars. What do you run?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
180 is what Ford put in as part of the cooling TSB. They did the 97 radiator, 97 AC condensor, 180*F stat, and removed the honeycomb behind the horse and the plastic cover from above the radiator.

Most DOHC guys are running 180* stats and a few are running 160* stats even. My cobra seems to like running between approx 178* and 195*F... any hotter or colder than that and it isn't as powerful. (these are autoTap readings used in conjuction with my Butt-o-meter).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started to try the 180 before I bought the radiator, but I decided that I couldn't go wrong by swapping them both. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's a TSB not a real recall, if you encountered the problem while it was still under warranty Ford would fix it for you; if the warranty runs out and it still hasnt been done, it's on your dime.

A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts