Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wheels are going to be here tomorrow 17x10 ccws just wondering if any of you guys have ran a 17x10 on the front with a stock fender?

I posted in the wheels and tire section but didn't get any responses.

First thing I am going to try is the spreaders on the front see if i can flare it out enough just looking to see if some one has already gone threw this.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Previous wheels were 17x9 they fit without a rolled fender. 86 K member sn-95 a arms 94-95 spindles. The fact that I dont know the offset of the new wheels doesnt help much I guess I will have to get them on the car and see whats up.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Matt's fenders, the ones pictured, are Tiger Racing fiberglass fenders.
I talked to paul yesterday about the flares and the actual fender. I am inclined to go with the fender flares front and rear I dont think I have enough to fill them but with a new edge rear end and a fox v8 width k member and sn95 a arms I think they would fill out good.

http://www.griggsracing.com/pdfFiles...dification.pdf

Be patient, you can roll the vertical edge to match the rest of the lip also. It looks like it sticks out almost as much as my 17x9 6" backspace with 275s on my notch with 96 spindles and sn95 lowers, gr40 sla.

By pulling the front edge out in front of the leading edge of the tire really makes the difference, among a little bit from here and there.....
I took a measuring tape before I got my tires mounted and if I measured right my backspacing is 6" as well.

that is going to be the first thing that I try but than my rear is going to stick out as well my original plan was to do fox length axles in the rear and do the hole fender pushing out thing in the front.. BUT it seems like I would be going backwards reducing the front and rear track width. Maybe the flares in the rear for now and if i can some way pull enough out of the front get the tiger racing fenders that have the opening pushed forward 1.5 inches for when I get a K member and A arms.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I hear all this, and I see it happen all the time, and then I look at my car, and I just don't get how it's possible :rofl:

No arguing with success. What spring rates are you running front and rear?

I am with you there..

This gives me tons of hope do you guys have any more tips for mad front fender clearance?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am going to give it my all and try and do an epic pull on the front fenders so we will see where I end up just waiting for kevins fender roller in the mail than I am going to town.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
car is pretty much together fenders are bolted on not just a fender set on and here is where i am right now

that is max camber going to get some crash bolts with that and doing the spreader thing and rolling the inner fender lip I think I will be good than fox length axles in the back.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Damn man those look great on your car I was so close to ordering my RPF1s untill I found the deal on the ccws.

What front "air dam" is that did you make it? any more pics?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Played around with some fender spreaders.. sticks out a slight amount when I have more time I am going to finish rolling trimming and brackets for the spreaders and I will post up some pics

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
hahaha I didnt do the slit under neath the molding and i maxed it out just to see what was up needless to say I put a "dimple" in the fender its a good thing I have another one laying around. Have not messed with it any more still working on tuning and getting the car running/driving good but I am for sure going to get the new axles and get the wheels on the car within the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
what fenders are those?

I am being held up yet again yanked the motor out to some small misfortune and adding more compression so maybe i will get to mess with the fenders in soem of my down time

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
CCW knock offs... :shifty:

Years later got different shells and they are now on the blue coyote powered coupe 17x9.5 now. The 17x10s always rubbed no matter what with stock rolled fenders trimmed and spreaders.

BTW these are "swissed" race wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts