Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Pro-M has the ability to control 16 injectors? I was looking through all the parameters and didn't see anything, so figured I would ask. I figured I would be able to splice into the existing injector wiring and wire in my own plugs for the additional 8 injectors.

·
Registered
237 Posts
even if it were possible, you would have no way to correct the phasing difference. unless you are able to locate the second stage identical to the first. better bet is to start with a proper aftermarket ecm with additional drivers. maybe too late for that.

·
Registered
'87 20th Anniversary Cougar7.0 427W
5,405 Posts
Google "16 injectors ECU/ECM/Pro-M" - the results will tell you.

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run 4v B heads and have a Hogan intake manifold which was designed to run 16 injectors (one for each intake runner). Currently I run dummy injectors in 8 of the runners, figured I'd try to figure out a way to actually run the 8 other injectors.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
even if it were possible, you would have no way to correct the phasing difference. unless you are able to locate the second stage identical to the first. better bet is to start with a proper aftermarket ecm with additional drivers. maybe too late for that.
They wouldn't have to be staged, each pair would need to fire at the same time. The intake manifold has the injectors set side by side, one for each runner.

·
Registered
'87 20th Anniversary Cougar7.0 427W
5,405 Posts
I'm not following your answer, guess I don't get your humor.
No humor, someone asked about why need 16 injectors, it wasn't something I could explain how and why one would do it unless they scanned 3-4 of the results of a search.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know if Pro-M has the ability to control 16 injectors? I was looking through all the parameters and didn't see anything, so figured I would ask. I figured I would be able to splice into the existing injector wiring and wire in my own plugs for the additional 8 injectors.
It's best you contact Pro-M concerning this matter. If it's something you cannot locate or unable access within your current calibration file speak to them first.

·
Please call me Mike
1,620 Posts
dual injector are more common on the "big boy" setups. They are pretty cool. Much like running dual pumps you can stage the second set of injectors to come on with boost. I think they were designed to solve an issue from back in the day where the large injectors didn't exist and the ECU couldn't open and close the injectors fast enough ad low engine speed to maintain proper AFR so they divided required injector in half and ran 2.

on your setup the pro m doesn't support that, but will a nitrous injector fit ? you could run a port nitrous system. That would be cool and is supported in the pro m.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.