Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have 15x4 Weld Rodlights on mine.I had to do a little bit of grinding.I used a 1/4in spacer and the long shank lug nuts.

·
Registered
243 Posts
OK, here is the real deal. I have a set of Bogart 15 X 3-1/2 on my car. Your going to have to grind down the brakes caliper a little. And your going to need a spacer 3/4 in. The stock control arms make the wheels stick out and look ugly. So go ahead and go to a junk yard and get a set of 89-93 control arms and put them on. You might have to get longer 3" studs from Moroso. If you need part numbers pics and stuff let me know. I think I still have them somewhere.

·
US Army Retired
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me guess. The smallest size wheel that you can run w/o grinding anything or using spacers would be a 15x5. What size of tire would you run on that?

Chris

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have 15x4 Centerline Convo Pros on my 95 GT and only had to grind a little off the caliper thats all. No spacer, no long studs. Fitment is fine also.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Chris,
I have 15x4 Convo Pro's on my 95 GT. PM me with a # if you would like to meet up and see them first hand.

David

·
Registered
531 Posts
Anyone running the pro star XP's they are supposed to be better for brake clearing....

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm using Weld Draglites. They have the same hub as the Prostar. I had to grind on the caliper for clearance. It took all of 20 minutes to do. I tried going with the spacer route but it looked to "ghetto" for me. If you do a search you'll find a lot of info on the subject. Mine are 15x3.5".

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
What about the 13" Cobra brakes? Anyway to get the 15x4 welds to work?

ANyone have any pics with the ugly ass spacers on with welds? ;) (Ghetto or not, it may be my only hope. :( )

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks Bob. To be honest - I got tired of writing the same responses so I tried to cover everything in the writeup! LOL

Keith - here are some pics with the 7/16" spacer.

I *think* these are without the spacer.

http://schwarzmann.com/pictures/mustang95/projects/wheelsandtires/20021229frontoffsethigh.jpg
http://schwarzmann.com/pictures/mustang95/projects/wheelsandtires/20021229passwheeloffsetshigh.jpg
http://schwarzmann.com/pictures/mustang95/projects/wheelsandtires/20021229frontoffset.jpg

I still have my spacers if you decide you want some. I'll sell 'em pretty cheap. Moroso 7/16" spacers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great write up Jay!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i run the 3.5" Prostars up front with 165x15" Pepboy specials.

It works, but i would like a tire that doesnt look flat all the time.

For my GT with stock brakes, i had to grind a 1/4 or so from the center of the caliper bar, which was a 1 minute job. Then i run a 7/16ths spacer behind each wheel.. Works out nicely, and the spacing looks righ on. Car handles just like it did with the 17" wheels ( although im not taking any 40-50mph highspeed corners)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts