Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
What's new for a two piece rotor hat to use a 1.25" rotor on an SN95 hub, with C5 calipers etc? Is the hat and rotor still going to be near $500 a pair from TCE or Baer?

I'm on the fence about the cost, but I don't like a thin rotor(1.1" is thin to me).

Bump for a great old thread.

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
pkstang used a GT500 rotor and cut it down to ~13". I believe he paid about ~60 for the rotor and $90 per rotor for machining. I do not know if they were balanced.

I mocked it up for him and it worked fine with my Baer caliper brackets, but he stated he needed to machine the flange on his Z51 brackets to get the offset correct.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Thanks Mike. I'll get to mocking it up over the Winter, and see what rotor hat can be found that is feasible. The brackets sound like they will have to be altered a bit, so it may be good to figure in the wider rotor to start with.

Todd of TCE made my custom hats for my SUV, after he/we tried a Subaru hat re-drilled. Both worked, but the custom hat was a nicer piece.

If the rotors end up much over $100 each, it's much better to just call Coleman and have them make it. They can make just about anything, in a day. But the price will be $150ish, give or take based on specs and any added features. The hat is usually the expensive item you have to get figured out to make it all feasible.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts