Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a grand to spend and would like 2 12's in the trunk. What would be the best brand and which shop in Houston would be the best place to go?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you have anything else? are you spending a grand on JUST the subs or do you need an amp, head unit, etc?

what would you like to spend on the two subs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on keeping the stock head unit for now. The grand is on the subs, amp, and a custom box.

·
Registered
489 Posts
That is a lot of money so you could get something really nice. I used 2 JL Audio 10w3's but now I have upgraded to 2 JL Audio 12w3's and have yet to put them in. I have heard depending on how you mount the speakers you might have a hard time fitting them in there. I love my JL subs but listen to a couple different types and it also depends on the type of music you listen to in some cases

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the sound of MTX's(Thunder series). JL has some really nice speakers too(W6,W7), can be a little pricey though.

As far as amps go, I would say a Fosgate should so ya.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed 3 JL Audio 10w3v2's in my spare tire well. I made a fiberglass enclosure for them. I'm using the JL Audio 500/1 sub amp and it sounds great. And I have a lot more useable trunk space than I did with the stock Mach 1000 in the trunk.

If you have questions on what I did, just ask.

·
Registered
37 Posts
speeddemon11L said:
Check out these internet stores. I can just about guarantee you that they will beat anything you can get from a local shop. These places can put you at the level of a JL**W7 for 1/2-1/3 of the price.

Adire Audio's Brahma Series

Resonant Engineering

Elemental Designs

You can't really go wrong with ANY of these companies' products. They are INCREDIBLE.
Great recommendations. I'd say if you want to spend a grand, get 2 ED 12A's, coupled with a JBL 1200.1 amp. Still have about 100 or so for wires and a box.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Adire, RE, and Elemental Designs are great recommendations. You also might wanna check out Image Dynamics or possibly the Diamond TDX. I have a 12A in a 1.5 cf box tuned to 26hz, and it rattles my chest. I only have 800w going to it, so I can't even imagine what 2 of those, or 2 brahmas, or two xxx's, or two idmax's with 1200 watts would sound like.

·
Registered
671 Posts
here is my opinion man I would get hyfonics 12in zueus or phenix gold they got 12in also. memphis is cool to they also got some cool amps from all of these brands too just tring to help a brother out.:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ive got a couple of RE SEXXX 12's, so Im going to reccomend them. They sound great and get loud and low. The Adire Brahma is a great choice also, but if your into SQ and dont want to spend a ton the Adire Koda 10's will be out soon and they sound phenominal (got a sneek peek... er, listen last week). As for amps, my two reccomendations are the MTX 81000d (now called the 1505d I think, I run the older model) or JBL 1200.1. Lost of bang for the buck with either. Just as a reference, with one of my SEXXX's in a small (.8 cu ft) pre-fab box running off the 81000d at about 1200 watts RMS I hit 140.1 on the new audiocontrol meter from the trunk of my 96 GT. Not too bad.
-Beau

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought a Phoenix Gold Titanuim 12, it is an awsome sub!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
2 Elemental Design 12 A's would run about $600-650 I believe. Around here, a box would be built for about $100-150. $25 for a wiring kit. Amp....can't think right now of what'd be your best choice for maybe ~$250. Hi Fonics Brutus 1500 maybe. Install is what's gonna get you. You can do all this yourself (including making the box if you have the right tools or access to them) and save big bucks. Or you could get lesser parts and spend the rest of the money to fit your budget in labor. I'd go for doing the stuff myself so I could have better parts ;) 2 12 A's would be insane :eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
All I gots to say to ya is MEMPHIS AUDIO 1000

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had 2 12" Solobaric with a Hifonic(thor)....compact amp brigded for max wattages and the box was small so it didn't take up space. it pounded hard in my 90's hatch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Memphis Audio Holds the world record in SPL right now so if you want hard hitting bass.. go with them.. I prefer the Kicker Solobarics although they are POWER hungry so be prepared to spend alot on an amp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts