Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what Dallas Mustang got out of the addition of a Plasma Booster Ignition. The article is in the Sept issue of Pop Hot Rodding. Actually the 12.5 was on a 2v mod motor, but the graph and the article said the improvements were greater and looked to be about 15hp and about 20 lbs-ft of torque on a 99 Cobra. Yea, right down my alley. I was hoping I could get some first hand personal comments on this ign. The site is Ignitionsolutions. You have to replace each coil on, which is about $300 for the 99 Cobra. I think it states no wire cutting is involved. If someone is familiar with this, I would like to hear from you.
thanks,

ps I finally woke up and did a search, I tried to delete, but will have to tell you please disregard.
thanks again,

·
Formerly known as 302Quest
2,809 Posts
i belive bob crosby tested the plasma booster on black cloud and didn't have very good results... i'll see if i can hunt up the thread
~J

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You are correct. I believe he even removed the Plasma Booster setup in favor of the stock setup. He said that your money would be better spent elsewhere and the gains (if any) were not going to be anywhere near that of what the magazine found.

·
Registered
456 Posts
93CobraPwr said:
use the search function, their is like a 100+ reply thread to this subject..

big piece of **** is what they are!

Well said.

T-

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies, I did do a search, with apologies for asking without thinking, but I am glad I got the confirmation, junk, replies.
thanks again,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts