Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well how many of u here are in 11's?

what mods did it take?

i have a lot of mods.. but mostly simple cheap mods..

main ones include: 88 stock forged pistons, tfs heads, e cam, explorer intake, s trim, c4, 3800 stall, 3.73's.

i'm still running stock throttle body and a lot of other stock parts.

·
Registered
795 Posts
brad said:
well how many of u here are in 11's?

what mods did it take?

i have a lot of mods.. but mostly simple cheap mods..

main ones include: 88 stock forged pistons, tfs heads, e cam, explorer intake, s trim, c4, 3800 stall, 3.73's.

i'm still running stock throttle body and a lot of other stock parts.
SEE SIG

I ran 11.80's with the stock computer (5500 rpm limiter on the aode) and stock 3.27 gears with the mostly the mods shown.. AND THE AODE still in the car!

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
302/S-trim/AFR185s/E303cam/TFS R intake, I went 11.50s @ 122-123 on my 275/40r17 nittos on a stock EEC, with 13-14lbs of boost. Pretty straight forward set-up, and that was over a year ago. T-trim, fuel system, PMS and more suspension are all in the car now.

Troy

·
Registered
842 Posts
I will go 11's with my current setup before I change anything major. I may try a different intake, put in a tubuar front, and add some more gear, but that is about it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bone stock 95 AUTO and i used a 175 shot of NOS. Hit 11.90 @111.

If you want cheap and fast get a NOS kit.

·
Registered
795 Posts
gt23 said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'd have to call BS on that one.. Maybe a 250 horse shot and that wouldn't last long on the hyp pistons!

Stock aode gt's (totally stock) rarely get out of the low 15's to very high 14's so to go 11.90 it would have to go 3+ seconds faster than naturally aspirated... I would have to see the car do it and the timeslip!! and at only 111 that car would have to sixty foot really well for that et without more mph!!!!!!!

Have a nice day!:evil:

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dunno.. if u think about it, it's possible.. my motor is putting out 425-450 horses... his motor stock put out 225 or there abouts.. and add a 150 shot on top of that puts it at 375... now add in the fact he was probably on SLICKS he will 60ft like a beast.....

and if he lightned up the car any at all...or had gears that would have helped him too.. not saying he did it.. but theoritically possible.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
gt23 said:

MAYBE with my mods, I MIGHT be in the 11's, but I think it will be close.

In addition to the stuff in my sig, I have a 3000 stall torque converter,shift kit, longtubes, prochamber, catback, pulleys, etc.

·
Registered
795 Posts
brad said:
i dunno.. if u think about it, it's possible.. my motor is putting out 425-450 horses... his motor stock put out 225 or there abouts.. and add a 150 shot on top of that puts it at 375... now add in the fact he was probably on SLICKS he will 60ft like a beast.....

and if he lightned up the car any at all...or had gears that would have helped him too.. not saying he did it.. but theoritically possible.
OK... Here is WHY it would never happen.. IF it had the stock convertor the car would not sixty foot worth a crap!! It would actually probably be worse on slicks than radials or drag radials.. the cars with a the stock convertor are slugs.. I ran mine with the stock convertor and spray and it never got close to a decent sixty.. I picked up 6 full tenths from the convertor(MOST OF IT in the sixty foot department).. It would barely run in the 12's on the juice stock because the car took forever to get enough rpm for me to spray it.. I may be wrong but i think i have one of the fastest sn95 HEAVY (3700 lbs ) aode cars with a stock shotblock around.. ANd it took a ton of time and tuning and trial and error to get it there.. I would have to see it happen in person to believe what he is saying.. :eek: :evil:

·
Registered
795 Posts
David's95GT said:
Tony,
What stall are you running. Those are pretty impressive times you have there.

David
When those times were ran it was with a 3200 stallion, short tubes, and h pipe... With fatties and skinnies on it and a 275 /50 bfg drag radial.. It was in spring in the "good " weather.. I have since added long tubes, a dr gas x pipe , and had the convertor loosened ~500 rpm.. I hope to get it in the 11 oh's when good weather comes back around.. ALSO.. with the 17's on front and et streets on back i went [email protected] in the 94 degree texas heat with 100 percent humidity just a couple of weeks ago.. And it weighs nearly 70 lbs heavier with the 17's when compared to the welds that were on it when the numbers were run...

Car still has the stock as delivered shortblock with stock camshaft in it.. Call it a 125 shot as it makes 100 at the wheels with the spray over n/a power.. 300/300 NA and 400/400 on the bottle.. (a little over like 303 and 405 or something but i don't have the sheets in front of me..) The number don't impress at the dyno but it has a WIDE torque curve and runs great numbers at the track :joy: so i have been very happy with what i have accomplished at this point..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
see sig, stock short block, and stock intake manifold.
Went a best of [email protected] with a 1.98 60' on 17" nitto drag radials.
A little more tuning and porting the stock cobra lower Im hoping for 125-126mph trap speeds and low low 11's w/ hook.

Dan

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just waiting to hear from a turbo guy... i bet there pretty mean on stock stuff!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know Brian (Brian94Cobra I believe was his handle) ran a 12.05 on ET Streets with a TKO, Fuel system, and a Single T-63E turbo setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts