Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I don’t see a lot of people running stock stroke Windsor combos, let alone with the tfs 205 11r heads so I thought I’d make a thread and update it along the way with questions I previously had that have been answered as well as fit and finish once’s it’s all done. The combo is as follows:

10.1:1 357w
kB hyper pistons
Scat 4340 Hbeam rods
Stock crank
Custom fti cam .6xx lift intake and exhaust with 23x and 24x degrees of duration @.50 with a 114 Lsa (wanted good vacuum for power accessories as it’s a daily.) huge thanks to Ed for all the help with the combo and answering my questions!

205 11r heads
Super vic efi intake (it’s big but trick flow was way behind on backorders and the single plane r series isnt attainable)
48 lb/hr injectors
Holley 1000cfm efi throttle body
Tfs 1.6 aluminum roller rockers
Moroso 7qt oil pan
Bbk 1 3/4 long tube headers
2.5” exhaust with x pipe
Holley terminator x efi
T56 magnum (shout out to don @dd performance for hooking me up with a solid kit and answering all my drivetrain related questions)
3.73 gears

Now for some questions I had that have now been answered thus far (engine currently out of the car waiting on last few parts to come in)

piston to valve clearance on a flat top piston with inline valve reliefs and I got MILES on both intake and exhaust. Exhaust falls in the pocket with about 340 thou of clearance and intake is 240 thou and will not fall in the pocket. I’m going to attribute this primarily to the valve events of the cam that Ed ground for me.
Waiting to see how headers fit as well as the intake set up with a 3in cowl hood.
will update more once the engine is stuffed in the car.
going to be rewiring essentially the entire car with the help of my buddy so I’ll let you know how that guys too
I’ll let you guys know how the transmission fits as well once that is in.
Gonna try my luck with moser 28 spline axles (won’t be running a slick or really taking the car to a track much)

biggest issues thus far:
Ordered pushrods from Ed and got 15/16, very unfortunate but I understand with all the COVID stuff going on it’s just a crap shoot. (Ed If you see this I sent you an email the night of just to notify you, I’ll follow up Monday during business hours)

valve covers didnt clear roller rockers so I’m getting a pair of fabricated tall aluminum ones, also tried my luck with trick flow fuel rails I bought a while back for the original intake choice but they didn’t fit so I’m returning them for the edelbrock set

hoping to get the car dyno tuned in February, I’ll post numbers here once it’s done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pics of the motor (you can see the rocker with the missing pushrod on #1 cylinder intake valve they’re all mocked up for now.)

Car freshly painted, will be going back for a final wet sand and buff once the engine and trans are in the car. new wheels coming soon as well, most likely some 305s in the rear and 285s up from unless you guys have better ideas.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Getting the transmission ready, fuel rails are mounted and valve covers mocked up to have some an bungs welded onto them for a catch can set up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Some updates:
Engine is now in the car but the k member needed to be clearanced for the oil pan slightly. The headers go in fine on the passenger side but the driver side hits the steering shaft slightly. Going to massage them in when I have the time. Transmission fitment so far is fine. Haven’t put the driveshaft in yet. Shifter location is fine as well. Everything is much tighter, especially exhaust. Next step is to button everything up in the bay and get started with the Holley.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So after some further tinkering it actually will most likely fit. However it’s extremely tight, a major pain in the ass to actually get the steering shaft attacked to the rack, and I decided that rather than mess with the stock piece to go ahead and grab a mm steering shaft. It’s eliminates what I believe is called the rag joint which is quite bulky and should allow me to have a bit more clearance as well as have it be more serviceable. So yes, bbk headers will fit with some persuasion. I’ll post pictures when I’m under the car again to show where the clutch fork is relative to the collector, seems tight as well however.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update, steering shaft gave me just enough clearance, about 1/8” overall. The trans is bolted in as well as the driveshaft. Front accessories bolted right up, just need to put pulleys on and a belt. The alternator won’t clear tfs valve covers so I’m gonna cut em up and weld them. Fuel tank is removed as well and got a good cleaning with degreaser and a pressure washer, looks almost new. Will be running an lines when I’m free next week. Hoping to have it fired up soon, things are progressing smooth for the most part. The Holley fuel pump fits right but it does fit

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some pics of the car and problem areas:
You can see the rear of the alternator hits the tall valve covers, a heads up about the headers and clutch fork, they did require some minor clearancing about a quarter inch, they just rubbed on the headers making a terrible noise. I also needed to trim the stud on the clutch cable I bought from Ford racing, it hit the headers. My fam set up hit the ABS so I decided to just delete it all together and not worry about it, old fuel lines are out and this weekend I’m gonna focus on making the AN lines and interior work

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,042 Posts
Hey guys so I don’t see a lot of people running stock stroke Windsor combos, let alone with the tfs 205 11r heads so I thought I’d make a thread and update it along the way with questions I previously had that have been answered as well as fit and finish once’s it’s all done. The combo is as follows:

10.1:1 357w
kB hyper pistons
Scat 4340 Hbeam rods
Stock crank
couldn't agree more, and can't wait to see the progress and final numbers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts