Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went up to Cedar Falls Raceway on Saturday for the CPonygo.com / Elimin8u.com Mustang shoot out. I've only had the blower back on the fresh motor for 6 days but I figured what the hell. I dont have a set of slicks for the car right now, and since it is acting as my daily driver, I didnt want to abuse it too bad. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I dumped in some 110 and dropped my 275/40/17 Nittos down to 15lbs and let her rip. Easing it out of the hole at about 3500 and no power shifting ( stock T-45 ), I was able to get a best 60ft of 1.81. Unfortunately that pass I missed the 2-3 shift so no telling what that pass would have been like. Anyway, my best pass of the afternoon was:

.745 rt. ( on .500 pro tree)
1.891 60ft.
5.041 330ft
7.581 1/8th
96.91 1/8 mph
9.761 1000 ft.
11.582 et
123.84 mph

I was pretty happy considering I didnt expect to run any quicker than 11.7's,-11.8's. The car is an absolute beast on the top end, it pulls like a freight train! I was also pleased that the car was driven 70 miles each way to and from CFR without issue. All in all it wasnt a bad day. The car's best 60ft is 1.57 on ET Streets so MAYBE there is an 11.0 or 10.9 in the car on slicks with a capable trans.

Any idea what the best ET / 60ft someones pulled on these tires to date?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Oh I hate you. The best I ever got was 1.91 and last Friday I couldn't do better than 1.99 (but it was pretty damp out). 20 psi for me and about the same RPM, but a little clutch slip. Seriously I haven't heard anyone do too much better than what you did. There was a thread a long time ago about best 60' with DRs and my memory (which isn't very good) for that particular size Nitto was 1.75. Maybe you can find it with a search. A friend has the 315 on 10" rims and sees 1.7x shorts. Then there are guys in our club running 1.80s on plain old Pep Boys Futuras. I hate those guys too! Nice times!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
tonystang said:
Then there are guys in our club running 1.80s on plain old Pep Boys Futuras. I hate those guys too! Nice times!
I ran a best of 1.82 with a basically stock mustang (several bolt ons and 3.55 gears) on potenza 70 series radials. It's all in how you slip the clutch and feather the throttle out of the hole. It takes some practice, can be hard on the clutch but once mastered, it can be fairly impressive. James

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
congrats bro. keep hacking away at that e.t.

·
Registered
474 Posts
See sig for 60' N/A

·
Registered
684 Posts
PritchSVT97 said:
I went up to Cedar Falls Raceway on Saturday for the CPonygo.com / Elimin8u.com Mustang shoot out. I've only had the blower back on the fresh motor for 6 days but I figured what the hell. I dont have a set of slicks for the car right now, and since it is acting as my daily driver, I didnt want to abuse it too bad. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I dumped in some 110 and dropped my 275/40/17 Nittos down to 15lbs and let her rip. Easing it out of the hole at about 3500 and no power shifting ( stock T-45 ), I was able to get a best 60ft of 1.81. Unfortunately that pass I missed the 2-3 shift so no telling what that pass would have been like. Anyway, my best pass of the afternoon was:

11.58 et
123.12 mph
1.89 60ft.

I was pretty happy considering I didnt expect to run any quicker than 11.7's,-11.8's. The car is an absolute beast on the top end, it pulls like a freight train! I was also pleased that the car was driven 70 miles each way to and from CFR without issue. All in all it wasnt a bad day. The car's best 60ft is 1.57 on ET Streets so MAYBE there is an 11.0 or 10.9 in the car on slicks with a capable trans.

Are these times with the same 516 rwhp in your sig?

Also, when you put the 110 octane in, did you drain your tank empty first, or did you fill your tank up with 110 mixing with any existing 93?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Very nice job!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: 11.58 @ 123 on 275/40 Nitto DR's

jmeiers said:
Are these times with the same 516 rwhp in your sig?

Also, when you put the 110 octane in, did you drain your tank empty first, or did you fill your tank up with 110 mixing with any existing 93?
My tune was done with a mix of 110 and 93. Thats how I run the car at the track. As far as my RWHP, I havent re-verified my RWHP figures since I replaced the pistons in this motor. ( replaced with stock) I havent done anything really different other than the "freshening" but the car feels as strong if not a touch more so. I would image the RWHP is very close to the same.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I edited the original post to reflect the actual slip, I was going off memory when I originally posted and was a few hundreths off on the mph.

I have gone 1.79 60ft on these tires without a blower. I was curious about high HP cars on these tires.

Its kind of funny, but after the 1.81 and 1.89 60ft's I couldnt get the car to 60 any better than 1.9x's. It seemed to me like the clutch was slipping in 3rd and 4th but it had been so long since I raced the car I wasnt sure. A quick check on the way home in 5th revealed that the clutch was in fact slipping. I adjusted the clutch last night with the firewall adjuster and it is gripping great again.

Considering the car ran 11.79 with the clutch slipping, I could only imagine what it would have been like with the clutch fully engaged and traction...

·
Registered
562 Posts
PritchSVT97 said:
Not the best 60' someones pulled, but for reference:

1.83 in the wife's car (263rwhp) I know it will go a little bit quicker if I ever get the clutch replaced.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, its a real pain to get that much horsepower hooked on these little tires. N/A it was a little easier, and easier on the clutch. I cant wait to get the automatic in it, then I can focus on driving instead of driving AND shifting. God I must be getting OLD... and lazy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts