Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here with a daily driven mustang with over 1000hp/1000tq without using NOS? If you do have one, can you list you all you drive train part and it retail cost. I like to see what brand of part that can hold up to everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
A simply 557 with twin turbo's. Wouldn't be a big deal to pull a 1000hp. With the turbo set-up it wouldn't have to have any RPM, and the thing could be tuned pretty easily.

The down side is the engine bay space would get a little tight, and its not going to outhandle a any of the turbo rice stuff. But it will outlast them.

It could be done, but, whats the use... small penis compensation? You can't tap into it on the street, and it would never hook on a 10" wide tire.... even slicks.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
kim said:
A simply 557 with twin turbo's. Wouldn't be a big deal to pull a 1000hp. With the turbo set-up it wouldn't have to have any RPM, and the thing could be tuned pretty easily.

You could probably do it with a na 600ci SVO big block. If NMRA Hot Street guys can get 800hp from a screaming 400ci engine, I don't see why it couldn't be done much easier with 200 more ci.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well if you have a budget and your intentions are being the "urban legend" in your neck of the woods then i say by all means DO IT!!!:) I think that would be cool as hell man!!! But like everyone else said u might as well minitub it and put some big meats out back or you = spin city

matt

·
Registered
62 Posts
on this topic, are superchargers easier on blocks than turbos? sorry for changing the subject a little

·
Registered
364 Posts
Turbos are gentler on the rotating assembly.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Turbo's are much easier on everything. You dont load the crank to drive the blower.

·
Registered
364 Posts
No, but it is possible to have both on the same engine. A few of the WWII aircraft engines I've worked with have both.

·
Registered
364 Posts
michael85 said:
for altitude compensation I bet
That and for out right speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts