Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the specs: Will these fit my 99 GT and if so what size rear drag radials do you run with them?

-----------------
There are 2 -17x9 (+24mm, 5.95" backspace) front, and 2 -17x10.5 (+27mm, 6.63" backspace) rear. They are 5-lug (5 on 4.5). These wheels will fit the 1994-2004 Ford Mustang, all models. The Cobra models with IRS brakes may require some modfications.
--------------

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You will be fine with those wheels. I had stock 35th Ann. wheels widened to 10.5 inches(all on the backside) and only needed to run 1 inch spacers. I also did NOT have to roll my fender lips. You may need to remove or flip the quad shocks? On 10.5 inch rears you can run 315's. I run the BFG 315's and they bulge just a little, but not much and I think it looks awesome, probably how it should have come stock! Good luck! later Ron

·
Registered
337 Posts
you had to run 1" spacers with a 10.5 rim? didn't that stick out really far? i am also looking to run a 10.5" rim in the back and i also have the mac catback. has anyone out there ran this combo, and if so did you have any rubbing problems. i have heard of some exhaust rubbing with 10.5's due to how they are bent. the one i know of was a bassani catback.

·
Registered
248 Posts
He had stock rims widened to that 10.5" so it shouldn't stick out at all. Now if you put on 1" spacers, with rims designed to be 10.5", then it should stick out like a mofo.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I run 10.5's with no issues at all in the rear.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that what you have in all of those pics in your signature? Can I ask...

1. Do you have the same offset that I mention above?
2. What size front and rear tires do you run?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
CobraKyle said:
He had stock rims widened to that 10.5" so it shouldn't stick out at all. Now if you put on 1" spacers, with rims designed to be 10.5", then it should stick out like a mofo.
Exactly! Even if my car bottomed out, which it won't, the tires would barely miss the fender lips. later Ron

·
Registered
337 Posts
primetime said:
Exactly! Even if my car bottomed out, which it won't, the tires would barely miss the fender lips. later Ron
where did you get the stock rims widened at? i have heard of people doing this before, but have no idea who does it. how did it compare price wise in comparison to just getting replica wheels that width?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
1" spacers??? let me know how much it costs you when the wheel studs shear off.

I have 10.5" in the rear with 285 tires. no problems.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
02PNYGT said:
where did you get the stock rims widened at? i have heard of people doing this before, but have no idea who does it. how did it compare price wise in comparison to just getting replica wheels that width?
Sure I had them widened at Weldcraft in MI. Here is there number(734-420-2211) and ask for James. They do great work and got things done quickly.

AKA_2000GTPower said:
1" spacers??? let me know how much it costs you when the wheel studs shear off.

I have 10.5" in the rear with 285 tires. no problems.
Please elaborate on your comments? Why would the wheel studs "shear off"? I replaced the stock studs with hardened ARP studs from MMM that cost like $8 a piece. I don't think they are going to shear off, but maybe I am missing something??? I would hate to have something like that happen at the track when I am going 115+MPH. Thanks and I look forward to your feedback. later Ron

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have found two tires that interested me and would like to know which you all run. Both are BFG drag radials.

315/35/17 or 275/40/17

I am guessing I will need the 315's on a 10.5" rim

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
With my 11s I never even had to remove the quad shocks so I'm positive you won't have any issues.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well, I just dropped off my brand new 17x10.5" Bullitts at Disount Tire to have 315/35R17 BFG DR's mounted on them. They'd better fit!! :evil:

Yeah, that's the setup you want. I did alot of checking around before I went with these bad boys, and that's what alot of people are running with zero problems.

Go for it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The GT is in the shop today getting the Nitto 315/35/17's and the 10.5" Cobra R's mounted on the back. I will post pics when I get it back. Lets hope the rear tail pipes clear.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They Fit

No pics yet but I just picked the car up and no rubbing with the Mac cat back. I also have the 3.5" tips and no problems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
are you satisfied with the way it looks? how does the car ride now?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ride

The ride is just fine and the fit looks real good. I do think the car needs a small drop after looking at it. 1" would be nice. I will take pics as soon as I get it cleaned up. (the shop had a dirt parking lot).

·
Registered
337 Posts
glad to here they fit no problem. post some pics if you can. i had kind of made up my mind on the 17x9's but now that i know someone had ran them with the mac exhaust i will have to think about it again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts