Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
isn't there a link to a website that has an 1/8 to 1/4 mi. converter? i just got back from an 1/8 mi track and the best time i got was [email protected] 60' 2.1 with about 6-700psi in the bottle. thanks.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
venom95svt said:
about 6-700psi in the bottle.
That's WAYYYY too low. You need a bottle heater. You should be like 300 or 400 PSI more than that.

About the calculator: I think I saw one on mustangworld once, but I don't know how accurate it would be. I wouldn't trust it, especially since you spray and are not on strictly motor, which would have more of a linear power curve.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i know it's too low, i was just telling the reason why my times weren't as low as they should have been. the track wasn't hooking well at all. 1st and second gear was like i was on water. hopefully with some new tires and better pressure i can bring those times down some.

the calculator may not be that accurate, but i'd still like to know for fun. if anybody knows, please link it. thanks.

·
Registered
713 Posts
There is no real way to convert that into an accurate 1/4 mile. I imagine it could be .5 second off in either direction, at least as there are too many variables as you go down the track, exPECIALLY if you are squeezing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You can find one at www.mustangworks.com. Probably not accurate but can give a fairly good idea what it would run in the quarter.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn according to the MW link it should be a [email protected] if that's ballpark i need to do something. though there are a few things i can work on like new tires and good bottle pressure. damn i feel slow again. :(

·
Registered
713 Posts
That woudn't be all that bad for a pretty much stock mustang. The only two things in your sig that add any acceleration are your gears and your nos. a 13.7 would be almost a second and a half off your stock ET. That would be good.. not bad

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BigPimpHustler said:
That woudn't be all that bad for a pretty much stock mustang. The only two things in your sig that add any acceleration are your gears and your nos. a 13.7 would be almost a second and a half off your stock ET. That would be good.. not bad
i was under the impression that stock 94-95 cobras ran between a mid to low 14. if you add a second and a half to the 13.7 that would be a 15.2 not a good time for a cobra. even if it is stock.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
A 150hp shot into a stock 94/95 cobra long block should net you some mid to upper 12s on radials. No telling how much horsepower you were losing with the very low bottle pressure. With that low bottle pressure your turning that 150hp shot into a tiny shot.

Troy

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If you spun or didn't launch hard (like on slicks), try multiplying your 1/8 by 1.55. MPH by ~1.26. If you hook really good, multiply 1/8 et by 1.56 or 1.57. Some really good hookinh cars would multiply by 1.58. Your mph is low, but of course you know the bottle pressure hurts that a lot. I'd hope for ~ 88 mph. Some slix or good dot's would make a world of difference too :)

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Bobo said:
If you spun or didn't launch hard (like on slicks), try multiplying your 1/8 by 1.55. MPH by ~1.26. If you hook really good, multiply 1/8 et by 1.56 or 1.57. Some really good hookinh cars would multiply by 1.58.
Where do those numbers come from? I don't understand how anyone could think that is accurate.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Anaconda said:

Where do those numbers come from? I don't understand how anyone could think that is accurate.
10 years of drag racing and studying drag racing. Yes the #'s can vary, but usually the #'s are pretty close. I can't remember exactly where, but there are some of these 1/8 to 1/4 conversions on line and they always jive with mine. My time slips and friends time slips work out too ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts