Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The difference is $100 in the cost of the headers new(BBK). I had the 1 3/4" LT's on my old car and the fit was tight BUT...they did fit.

I have a line on a set of 1 5/8 LT's at a great price but will they be too small? I figure they should fit nice and the price is REAL good!

I'm planning a budget motor now....
stock block 306( decent parts-stock crank, eagle I-beams, forged pistons)
GT-40P heads,
mild cam
Performer or TFS intake
A-trim spinning hard or upgrade to S- and all the good parts(injectors, mass air, power pipe, discharge w/ bypass, etc)

I'm not planning on going more than 400rwhp, as I want to be able to supply it with the stock fuel lines and rails...and an intank pump. This will be a daily driver:D

I'm shooting for 380-400 RWHP, do you think its possible with the above parts?

What about the headers....go for it or save for the 1 3/4"?

My brain hurts.............

thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
1 5/8" longtubes will be fine at that power level. I would defiintely take the money you're saving and get an S-trim instead of the A-trim though. This will make getting to your 400rwhp goal much easier, and leave you with room to grow later if you want.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My car makes 780 rwhp with 1 5/8" BBK longtubes and 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
862 Posts
my buddys s-trim car made over 550rwhp w/ 1 5/8" longtubes. have a friend who made 500rwhp w/ 1 5/8" shorties.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Andrew is a FRIEK ... in a good way ! ;) I would go 1 5/8"

·
Registered
401 Posts
302man said:
Andrew is a FRIEK ... in a good way ! ;) I would go 1 5/8"
lol... I'm not saying that I don't think I'm losing a lot of power by only having 1 5/8" headers, but that the power is possible.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kick ass, Thanks gang...I'll be getting the 1 5/8" !!!

Andrew...I love it! 780rwhp.....that is an inspiration! that much power and no $1K custom headers...blah...blah...blah.....

So do you think 400rwhp is possible from a decent shortblock, GT-40p's, mild cam, and intake...with 8-10 psi?

I'm going for it...............F'it:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts