Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used search to find out what I should be for TPS readings. Well I have been having surge problems. I thought the MAF conversion was going to take care of it and it did somewhat. Well I was out of ideas after checking the distributor, spark plugs, MAF, filters, vacuum leaks, and then I needed to check out my aftermarket TB. Well it was reading 1.12 volts which is way high and causing the piss poor idle and rough RPMs between 1,500 - 2,500. I then turned the TPS counterclockwise as far as it would go and could only crank out a .99 volts and left it there. I figured that is close enough to where it should be. Runs much much better. I wanted to say thanks to everyone for being thorough in past posts. Helped me out.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Isn't the search function the coolest damn thing in the world? Half the time it's difficult to get anyone to reply anyways.

Also, if you ever need to, you can enlarge the screw holes with a drill to get more adjustment with the tps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greatest thing in the world!!!! :joy:

Yeah I read you can enlarge it by drilling it out some, but I feel a tad iffy doing it. I think I may a day I am extremely bored.

Again thanks guys. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's cool. I have to drill mine out to get it to .99.:( Low to mid .8s is what I usually see with a new TPS-I've done 4 to.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me how it goes. Knowing my luck I will drill a hole and of course break something. That's why I will not attempt to P&P my intakes. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts