Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I missed a great opportunity to purchase a 2004 Mach 1 today. My local SVT Ford dealer was having a sale on all the Mustangs and one of them was a Torch Red Mach 1. They offered me 11,000 for my 97 Rag top with 68,000 miles on it and many performance options. This is the break down of the cost:

$29,935 MSRP
$3,000 Rebate
$1,392 Dealer discount
______
$25,543 Sub-total
$11,000 Trade in
_______
$14,543 Plus tax and tags

My wife said NO:(

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
That sucks man.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
fastdraw said:
Well I missed a great opportunity to purchase a 2004 Mach 1 today. My local SVT Ford dealer was having a sale on all the Mustangs and one of them was a Torch Red Mach 1. They offered me 11,000 for my 97 Rag top with 68,000 miles on it and many performance options. This is the break down of the cost:

$29,935 MSRP
$3,000 Rebate
$1,392 Dealer discount
______
$25,543 Sub-total
$11,000 Trade in
_______
$14,543 Plus tax and tags

My wife said NO:(
That's a cryin' shame - you would have loved the Mach! :(

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Re: Re: 04 Mach 1, sad story

Angus said:
That's a cryin' shame - you would have loved the Mach! :(
14K for a Mach and she said no?????? That is a great deal! I would of bought it anyways. Go back and get it. You only live once.

·
Registered
9 Posts
good deal, but you can find better - I got my 03 for 22k (no A-plan, just hard nosed negotiations), so work on her and maybe she will come around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 04 Mach 1, sad story

sapperstang78 said:
14K for a Mach and she said no?????? That is a great deal! I would of bought it anyways. Go back and get it. You only live once.
She can't stay mad forever.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Divorce attorneys are even more expensive.

Your time will come. Be patient.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tonystang said:
Divorce attorneys are even more expensive.

Your time will come. Be patient.
I am still working on her and hope to get her to see it my way.
I have to do some major sucking up. She has been ill for the past week which doesn't help.
She is a very careful buyer and gets worried about money. However, I have the cash, my own money, to cover the balance of 14+K so it's a no brainer.

I went down to the dealer this morning and the car is still there.
Even if the sale is not on, I think they will sell the car to me for the orginal deal. They really liked my car, it's a great eye appeal.
There is another possiblity that as it gets closer to Ford releasing the 2005 Mustang, which is due soon, they may offer cars like the Mach 1 for a really low price. I can only hope!

Think possitive guys!

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
First, take your balls out of her purse. ;) (just kidding:D )

I agree with these guys. I'd look around. There have been way to many smoking deals out here on Mach 1's to take that deal.

Post and see exactly what owners have paid for them. To have 03's in stock at this time of the year is great news for you. No matter what they say, they need to sell it more than you want to buy it. :)

Good luck.. I wish my wife'd let me buy one. ;)

She's making me hold out for a new Lotus Elise, next year. :D

Alan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Buy it. It's your money - do wtf you want to with it. Tell her to go fly a kite.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Like Alan said above....take ur balls out of her purse....and tell her to go pack sand...............get the car!!!!

Just to put some tech back in this, huh, tech thread....what kind of mufflers are u puttin on it???

Ben

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
MODCOBRA said:
Like Alan said above....take ur balls out of her purse....and tell her to go pack sand...............get the car!!!!

Just to put some tech back in this, huh, tech thread....what kind of mufflers are u puttin on it???

Ben
I agree! Looks like you will have an awesome deal there. Do what makes you happy. The Mach is such an awesome car!!!!!!!! (see sig)

·
Registered
479 Posts
yea, bro you gotta get on that before someone else does.

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
I would never marry a chick like that...

Maybe if you do certain **things** that make her scream and convulse, she'll "come" around for you... I'd get on that right away!

Furthermore, I'd work them down on their price a bunch more...

I've had my eyes on a white/tan rag 03 Cobra at my local dealership. A month ago, I got them to $31k on it, and walked out because I wanted $30. I just found out they still have it so I called them up and they told me they'd clean her up, pull her out and let me drive her some more... Then we can talk about some new numbers. I'll probably go look at her again this week. But, it being February 15, 2004 and all, I'm looking for $28,500 now. It really helps when you simply don't care whether or not you get it.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Woah, guys, woah. ;) I'm not telling him to just go buy the car and not care about his wife's input.

If my wife didn't want to get the car I'd pass too. It's got to be a group desicion. However, if your relationship is one where only one of you have a say, that's all you.

If I said, "Honey, here's the car I want. This is the deal and I think it's pretty good based on what I've seen other people pay." she'd say, "Well, if it's what you want and we can afford it, then get it."

If, however, she looks at it, and sees it's not really all that great a deal (like in this case) she'd say, "let's think about it."

I think your wife's onto something here. Let it ride and shop it around.

There's a dealer in South Carolina selling 03 Cobras for $500 under invoice.. that's right, under invoice. Then you take away the rebate.

If they can do it on an 03 Cobra, why can't they on a Mach 1?

Alan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts