Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Would love to comment. However, the pictures are not displaying.

I'm about to buy a set myself

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Looks really good man...I have these sitting in my living room corner as I speak...

I'm just waiting to get a hold of my tire guy to get some BFG KDW's for them...:joy:

p.s. and for anyone trying to view the pictures, cut and paste the links he posted into another browser window and they'll pop up

·
Formerly known as 302Quest
2,809 Posts
they look decent
, but imo they look better on 99+ stangs..
it's your ride, as long as you like them don't let everyone elses
oppinions influence how you feel..
~J

·
Registered
941 Posts
Those are sharp!! Are those polished? They look very shiny compared to the others.

Instead of the KDWs try the new Kumho MX.. They are patterned after the new race version of the V700 and have been getting very good results from the SCCA people I have spoken to.
They are running $149 from Tire Rack and should be a bit better than the BFG's

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
If you are talking about mine being really shiny, yeah they are polished, but I think it's just the angle the flash hit them cause mine are the same finish that's on the OEM 03 wheels...mine are AFS replicas I got off E-bay for about $150 less than what you can get them at GEFracing.com...

I think I'll stick with the KDW's...my tire guy can get the 275/40's for me at $125 each...and I have some DR's for the track so they don't have to be the best gripping tires...

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
OFF topic but look at the drivers side pic.... the door looks lighter than the rest of the car. WTF is up with black Cobras? My '97 looks that way also, its just the doors. It pisses me off I thought it was just mine!

BTW, mine has 39K babied miles and hasnt had the door painted, and has been that way since I bought it with 18K on it. No damage prior.

It must just be the way they paint the door???????

·
Registered
125 Posts
very nice man i didnt think those rims would look good on our cars but they look very nice. Also i like how your car sits what kind of springs are you using

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Looks really good IMHO :cool:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the compliments and honesty guys. I noticed that about these doors as well. Seems like the clear coat wears out really quick. I have 42000 on the clock right now. Best I can do is wax and polish my car alot.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have to agree the rims look better on the 99+ but they look ok on yours. the tire thickness looks a little much though for some reason.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeh, car is dirty. The weathers been so crappy and the days it is nice, its 20 degrees...

88&94&96 said:
Looks good, cars kinda dirty ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
KDW's

What the difference between the KDW's and the KDWS'? Is there a big difference??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts