Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my '03 on Feb. 13. It's not here yet. I am searching for the first report of retail delivery of an '03 Cobra. If you have a candidate, please post!...Who will be the first????

Thanks,
CW

·
Registered
400 Posts
I called SVT today and they said they may release some this week but next week for sure. There is a post on BON from a dude that has a friend that works at the plant where they build Cobras and he said they were releasing everything built on 5/29. He also said they worked Saturday, Sunday and Monday to build as many as they can get in on schedule. I'm assuming he meant this past weekend. He's been pretty reliable so far. My dealer and the 800 number to SVT have not. Cross your fingers.

·
Registered
400 Posts
There is a post on Stangnet that said a dealership in Ohio just burned to the ground including an 03 Cobra sitting on the showroom floor. This may be BS. If they shipped some today they may have gotten one already. I haven't read any other sightings.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I spoke with a SVT rep(1800-fordsvt) yesterday. I asked him if the first delivery ship date for the 03 cobra was set and he said "no." I could sense his frustration probably because 90% of his calls the past couple of weeks have been regarding this one question. I then asked for a ballpark figure of when they "should" ship out. He then lightened up a bit and said, "I can tell you that they will be shipping very soon."

That was the best I could get out of him. At least it assured me that they seem to be wrapping everything up now.

If anyone has any new information, please post.

·
Registered
120 Posts
About the OHIO dealership burning down

Brondes Ford did burn down, however, I'm a bit skeptical that there was an 03 Cobra on the showroom floor. I don't think they have been shipped out yet. Also, don't you think the owner would have been at the dealership the day it came in? I'll be picking my 03 Cobra within the hour it arrives ;)

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbc...020528&Category=NEWS07&ArtNo=105280014&Ref=AR

·
Registered
120 Posts
highmiles said:
The clock is ticking, seems like Christmas Eve around here.

I want to know who will be the first to the dyno and post the totally stock results. Then the mods begin.

good luck.
I won't be dynoing until I've got at least 1000 miles on the car. I don't want to stress the engine during the break-in period. Then again, those 1000 miles will come pretty quick, since I will be driving from Boston, MA to San Diego, CA the day after I pick it up. Should be a slow start, but I figure once I get to Tennessee, things should start to REALLY pick up. I think driving through the Arizona desert will be the climax of the trip :D

Once I get to San Diego, I will dyno it at a local dyno facility there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
:cool: i live in nothern in. dealer is in south bend . there was a thread in blue oval news or svt performance not sure which from a guy who worked for ford that said all cobra with a vin of 400 or below would begin shipping on the 28th of may for delivery the week of 6/3. who knows i guess just be patient and know that at some point you are going to have one of the baddest cars on the planet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got a print out a week ago saying it would be at the dealer the week of 6/3! so hopefully next week!!!
Leon

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I live down the street from the regional shipping yard out of Chicago, I will be taking a drive by everyday with my digital camera. They will show up there first then sent out to dealers. I have caught a couple new releases in the past like the Bullitt's. I will also be over at one of the Top SVT dealers in Chicago tommorrow gonna pry and see what I find out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
highmiles said:
Is it true that there are like 700 SVT dealers across the country. And that each SVT dealership will get at least one 2003 Cobra prior to any other dealership getting a second 2003 Cobra.

Any truth to this?
Yep...that's pretty much how it is. It's really only fair. Those first on their dealers list get them sooner. I'm second on my dealer's list and I don't expect mine until late June or early July.

Cheers, :cool:
Robert

·
Registered
120 Posts
vrtical said:
I live down the street from the regional shipping yard out of Chicago, I will be taking a drive by everyday with my digital camera. They will show up there first then sent out to dealers. I have caught a couple new releases in the past like the Bullitt's. I will also be over at one of the Top SVT dealers in Chicago tommorrow gonna pry and see what I find out.
Please post the pics and info to this thread!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
hantzis said:
Please post the pics and info to this thread!
Thanks.
well no luck yet. I did find out some specifics for the SVT dealer I was at. Tthey have 6 03 cobras coming as builds in the first batch. The last 03 for the first batch was put in last Tues. It was a vert and went for 2k over msrp. He didnt have an exact delivery date for those yet. They have open spots for ordering the second batch builds which are for fall. I will be back at the dealer next week as my car is being fixed and I am working on getting a new daily driver :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.