Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this isn't an insult thread or one that needs to turn into a manufacturer war.

I am looking to see if there are any 03 Cobra owners in my area. Modded or not, doesn't matter that would be interested in a race. I have only run across one 03 Cobra and I posted the results here.
(cliff notes: I lost)

I live in the Jacksonville/Wilmington N.C area, and would like to line up against one to see how my car would do.
Car info in sig.

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you want to drive to Wilkesboro I'll run you. What times are you running. If you've run on a track, surely you've read enough to know how you stack up. I don't street race. I took my 03 to FFW in VA a couple of weeks ago to see Jim D'Amore with JDM about the fuel problems with my chip. David with Superchips was there and Jim drove my car down the road while David data logged it on his lap top. I don't know what they did but they put a lot more power in it. Jim was sponsoring an 03 class and asked me to run. He loaned me everything from slicks to a helmet. I ran the fastest pass for an 03 that weekend at [email protected] Plus, I had filled up just before we got to the track. We drove over 300 miles to get there. I had a full tank of pump gas and it was close to 100 degrees. I also would like to have had my skinnies. I'm pretty sure I would have been tapping on 10's. I know on a cool night on the right track it'll run 10's. Here's a link to the 03 Cobra Confrontation at FFW. You're going to need a big shot of spray to run a fully bolted-on 03. I bought a Compucar NOS system while I was there so this thing should eb moving a little better by next weekend.

http://www.funfordevents.com/2003/Events/virginia03_cobra.php

Good luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
11.39,Nice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts