Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think a lot of your opinions. I need some advice. I sold my 5.0 with plans of getting a Lightning. But I just found a great deal on a 03 Cobra. Which would you buy? Obviously, most of guys own 03 Cobra's but a few of you have Lightnings to. Which would you chose?

2003 Mustang Cobra
22,000 miles
All stock expect catback/shifter
$22,500

2001 Ford Lightning
25,000 miles
JL 4lb lower supercharger pulley, JDM chip, K&N intake, NGK TR6 spark plugs
$24,900obo

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
What are your goals? Will this be a daily driver, weekend toy, or track only? Apples and oranges, car Vs truck here; lots of pros and cons for each one. It truly depends on what you are looking for and what you want. They're both great IMHO.

The '03 snake sounds like a really nice deal...pulley, chip/tune, CAI, and you're good to go!

·
Registered
709 Posts
i have a bike to haul around--I'd probably go with the truck

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would go Cobra. Less mods means it was probably beat on less. You don't know what the tune is like on the L either. I don't buy cars with mods on them though, that is just me...

·
Registered
96 Posts
1CEBITN said:
I would go Cobra. Less mods means it was probably beat on less. You don't know what the tune is like on the L either. I don't buy cars with mods on them though, that is just me...
what he said, but I would get what you want so you have no regrets later. Enjoy whatever you get.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The Cobra has more bang for the buck IMO.....32 valves are fun!

VAiN

·
Registered
234 Posts
I really miss my old Lightning. I put a 4lb pulley JDM chip and Silver Bullet exhaust. Ran 13.0s really suprised a lot of cars. Used it to tow my race car, but now have two kids and can't put car seats in the truck

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I would go Lightning but, not for 24,900 even with the mods.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
2 years newer, 2Gs cheaper AND Quicker.... Mods or not I'd buy the Cobra. If you dont buy it, share where its at and I will....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up an 03 cobra coupe, lighting is nice but damn the gas mileage on those!! You get about 12 mpg average, cobra gets about 17 mpg. Not that gas mileage is a concern in this forum LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts