Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of power do you guys think a basically stock 03 Cobra motor (with probably some cp pistons) will make with a T-76?

My other options are a stock Eaton supercharger or something along the lines of a Novi 2000 or JT-trim.

I am sure that the turbo would make more power, but I am not sure about it fitting my budget.

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
take a look at x2c motorsports, they have a turbo powered 03 cobra, i think its a little more than 700 hp, on stock internals. i dont think new pistons is in need, theres one guy on the stock shortblock running 9's

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think new pistons is in need
I would agree except for the fact that 2 of the stock pistons are toast.:)

I have looked at X2C's Cobra and their kit looks pretty nice (read pricey). I may just have to put the motor in and run it N/A for a while.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Check out the March issue of 5.0 and Super Fords. Page 40 has the X2C motorsports turbo Cobra in there. They say in the article that the motor has not been molested other than fuel rails and injectors. They say the stock motor is good up to 1000hp!!! :eek:

Rob:evil:

·
Registered
147 Posts
They say the stock motor is good up to 1000hp!!! :eek:

Rob:evil: [/B]

just like the Supra...only other stock block I can think of that will handle 1000 hp.
If you are going for a tubo, go with two twin t60's. More efficient than a large single turbo and quicker spool... easier to spool two smaller turbos as opposed to a larger one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are going for a tubo, go with two twin t60's. More efficient than a large single turbo and quicker spool... easier to spool two smaller turbos as opposed to a larger one.
I like the twin turbo idea, but the classes that I would like to run in don't allow more than 1 power adder.

I forgot to mention that the car I am putting this engine already has a 10-point cage, powerglide, fuel cell, etc... It will be mostly a drag strip car with little street time.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Since you're just a strip car, Id look into Prochargers new F1A kit for the 03 Cobra. You've got the right trans for a Centri, might as well throw a big ass head unit on there :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you're just a strip car, Id look into Prochargers new F1A kit for the 03 Cobra. You've got the right trans for a Centri, might as well throw a big ass head unit on there
Would you happen to know what kind of numbers Procharger has gotten with the F1 03 Cobra kit? I have read a little about it, but I have not heard what kind of hp they are putting out.

I still think that if I spend that kind of money, I would be better off going with a PT-88:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I would also like to keep it somewhat streetable too for some fun on the street and possibly Wild Street.

·
Registered
549 Posts
big inch said:
Would you happen to know what kind of numbers Procharger has gotten with the F1 03 Cobra kit? I have read a little about it, but I have not heard what kind of hp they are putting out.

I still think that if I spend that kind of money, I would be better off going with a PT-88:)
No numbers have been released for the F1 kit yet. The only numbers that have been released yet are the p1-SC2 numbers. Most are seeing around [email protected] with the stock fuel system. More is on tap with injector and pump upgrades. Remember these are all on a bone stock motor.

The F1A should be good for about 725+rwhp around 20psi on a stock motor with fuel system upgrades. It isnt that expensive either. The base F1A kit costs $3700~, with the F1A kit with Twin Intercoolers runs about $4300

A whole lot cheaper than a Turbo setup. But Turbos still own:evil:

·
Registered
571 Posts
hj16 said:
the p1-SC2 numbers. Most are seeing around [email protected] with the stock fuel system.
the one i saw was on 19 lbs and put down 691 rwhp?? maybe that was uncorrected....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts