Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got home from the track tonight, I happened to spot a bluish 03 cobra sitting in the one of the last lanes. I saw the first run, it ran a 12.0x at 116:eek: or so I forget the mph. It was over 115 I know that. Btw it was on street tires. After the first run N/T was put on the window, so I couldn't find out anymore runs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No definates but I heard that the only thing done to the car was a different pulley. That's what word in the crowd was.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I heard that they put the stock pulley off of a lightning on it and it ran those times.

Viper..........it's what's for dinner.:joy:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Boy I hope that's true. Can't wait to see some Z06 owners squirm.

·
Registered
749 Posts
smaller pulley + stock internals = KABOOM!

·
Registered
938 Posts
PaulMan

Do you mean that the 03 Cobra needs Manley rods and forged pistons??

Actually it does.. ;)

Jim V.

·
Registered
30 Posts
PaulMan said:
smaller pulley + stock internals = KABOOM!
I wonder who is going to be the first

Jim Vaccaro said:
Do you mean that the 03 Cobra needs Manley rods and forged pistons??

Actually it does.. ;)
Did you mean to say, "Actually, it already does" or are you saying, "Actually, it does need Manley rods" :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
smaller pulley + stock internals = KABOOM
True!!!

Unless the stock internals are forged. Read up my boy. Things are going to get interesting in less than a month and counting.;) Hey corvette owners,quit squirming.

·
Registered
938 Posts
02 Z06 was there also..Running 12.7's @ 113ish..

Evan went a weeeee bit faster....:) :lol:

Jim V.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really want one now after witnessing that run, but too bad I can't afford it. Maybe when I get out of college I can find myself a nice used one that was owned by a 70 year old lady.:D. That would be sweet. Untill then I'm stuck with my 99 gt convertible and 13 second slips.

Edit- I saw the Z06 at the track tonight turn a 13.3. Not to shabby
:lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You guys do realize the the 03 Cobra has a built bottom end right? Manley rods, forged pistons and a forged crank.

Seems to be some debate here...yes it does is the answer.

Sebastian

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just my opinion but I think new Cobra owners should be patient and wait before doing engine mods to these cars.

Not saying it can't be done, but to me if you're spending $35K on a car and have 360 hp, what more do you want unless you're really into drag racing ? A car this expensive isn't worth the risk of blowing it up and going for a rebuild.
Either way- I wish '03 Cobra owners luck with their new cars.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Jim, you witnessed the 12.0x too?

Yes Evan was running N/T but they must of not seen it on the window..The time went up and we were all Amazed...
12.0 @ 116 +...He made a few more passes and i left..He was still waiting for another pass.Evan would not confirm orDeny..

The 03 Cobra Mistique lives on...

Jim V.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
The new issue of MM&FF arriving in the mail now has a test of an '03 Cobra coupe. According to the article (which I haven't seen), the car was running 12.70s with a best of 12.67 @110.

There's apparently no mention of Evan Smith's 12.43 @ 113 run at Etown. We'll still have to wait to see what the deal is on that one!

By the way, there apparently are no dyno figures in the article either.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
xSSelerate said:
The new issue of MM&FF arriving in the mail now has a test of an '03 Cobra coupe. According to the article (which I haven't seen), the car was running 12.70s with a best of 12.67 @110.

There's apparently no mention of Evan Smith's 12.43 @ 113 run at Etown. We'll still have to wait to see what the deal is on that one!

By the way, there apparently are no dyno figures in the article either.
What's wrong xSSelerate??? Getting a tad bit nervous are we? :lol: :p

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.