Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple questions... Will they be too long to reach a proper alignment? Should I just pull the stockers and have new bushings and ball joints installed?

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Depends. If the car is an original v8 car and you are using 94/95 sn95 spindles, then these a-arms will push the front track out about 1.25" per side further than it is now; if you are using 96+ spindles, add 8mm more per side. On the other hand, if it's an original 4-banger car with a stock k-member and 94/95 spindles, then the front track will be about .75" per side wider than it is currently; add 8mm more per side for 96+ spindles.

I have an 86 with the narrower pick-up point k-member (same as the 4 banger car); I'm using 94/95 spindels and 04 Mach 1 a-arms (same as Cobra). With 245/45/17s on 8" 96 cobra wheels, the outside edge/bulge of the tire is even with the fender lip. Depending on how low the car is, there can be some fender rubbing over bumps. If the track was another .5"+ wider per side, there would be significant interferance requiring fender clearancing.

With my set-up, alignment can be stock spec or custom for track use/aggressive driving and back, so long as CC plates are used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts