Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase the 02EXPY heads and cams and valve covers. will they fit on my 97GT. will they give the 40+ horsepower rating i have been hearing about?

Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks just wanted to make sure. because i wasnt sure if the cams or valve covers will fit my 97GT. will a 99intake fit the 02 heads?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am getting a set of 02 EXPY heads, cams and valve covers, what other peices do i need to do a swap?

I know i need the intake (mine is cracked anyways) but will 99+ intake fit with the 02 heads?

Thanks

btw, Are the 02 Expedition heads PI?

·
Registered
433 Posts
97GTStang said:
I am getting a set of 02 EXPY heads, cams and valve covers, what other peices do i need to do a swap?

I know i need the intake (mine is cracked anyways) but will 99+ intake fit with the 02 heads?

Thanks

btw, Are the 02 Expedition heads PI?
The 5.4 heads are PI. therefore the intake will work.

I'd suggest the 02-03 Gt intake with Aluminum coolant crossover.

Get all the gaskets and seals.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. How much does a new 02-03 intake cost and where can i buy from besides ford dealership? are the gaskets and seals included with a new intake?

·
Registered
433 Posts
97GTStang said:
Thanks for the reply. How much does a new 02-03 intake cost and where can i buy from besides ford dealership? are the gaskets and seals included with a new intake?
the intakes are rather cheap. i've seen them as low as 250 from a dealer.

i don't think the gaskets are included.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the intake at KarKraft.com for $109. I am not sure though if it is the one with the aluminum crossover that everyone says to get.

maybe someone can clear that up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts