Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 97 GT and I have an 01 Lightning. I have a few chips that I have gathered ever since I have had the truck. My friend keeps insiting that we try one of my chips in his mustang. I keep telling him that first of all the programming is totally different, second of all the computers are totally different, and third the chip will probably not even fit in your computer. But he still insists that we try. Can someone please confirm that an 01 Lightning chip WILL NOT fit/work in a 97 GT.

Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
It will plug in to the EEC Test port as yours does but will run 8 ways of Wierd.
I have a GT SuperChips if he must have one.

·
Administrator
1,536 Posts
The Lightning chip will physically fit in the GT computer. They are both the same EEC-V Engine Computer.

What IS different is the programming on the chip. The Mustang has a totally different calibration from the Lightning. I doubt his car would even start with your chip in it.

Now you could take that chip and get it reprogrammed with a calibration for his car and it would work just fine. But you'd have to have a program to put on the chip before it would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts