Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 Gt that is rattling sound coming from the passanger side head, I think it is in the lash adjusters/lifters. It only does it after the car warms up. and does not seem to change with rpm. I have removed the lash adjusters, is there any way to tell if they are bad? Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have a 01 Gt that is rattling sound coming from the passanger side head, I think it is in the lash adjusters/lifters. It only does it after the car warms up. and does not seem to change with rpm. I have removed the lash adjusters, is there any way to tell if they are bad? Thanks.
If you had them out for any length of time without them being stored in oil they can easily go bad. If you can compress them with your fingers and they feel mushy, they are bad. I had an issue with mine and i had an extra set of heads with lash adjusters in them, i put all of them in a bucket of oil and compressed them quite a few times and I had some of them straighten out and were fine. I would try that before buying new ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.