Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using 00'R springs and Bilstein struts/shocks on a 99 Cobra, is it necessary to use offset steering rack bushes ? The drop in ride height looks to be around an inch (if that) so I'm unsure as to whether I'd need them or not.

Does anyone know if the 2000 Cobra R was fitted with offset steering rack bushes ?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2000 Cobra R was fitted with offset steering rack bushes ? [/B][/QUOTE]

I inspected a 2000R steering rack recently to determine answer to that same question. It does not have off set rack bushings.

It did come with 265X40X18 tires on it's 18X9.5" wheels. These are more than stock diameter, and make the car taller, so it is difficut for me to determine how much it is reaLLY lowered.

I just lowered my Mach about 5/8" from stock (already down about 1/2"from GT), and did use off set rack bushings. It moved the rack back up about 3/8". The polyuthrane bushings are very cheap, and saw no reason not to do that, even if not necessary. I had used aluminum ones on previous car, but decided not to use them on street car.

My car is a street car, so decided not to use lowered ball joint or offset A arm bushing or bump steer kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts