Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again,

Well...latest issue has arisen. My friend's 2000 GT has shut off three times in the middle of driving, whether he's moving or he's stopped, it's happened. Thought it was the IAC valve, apparently not. I think it;s fuel related . Anyway, tongiht, i'm sitting in line at a place to pull in...and the car shuts off. I hadn't stalled..it just shut off...don't know how. Looked down adn everything was dead. Looked like I had stalled. I think it was the same thing that happened to my friend. Granted, when I run my air conditioning it idles strangely, but I wanted to know if this is normal. My car jumps from less than 500..up to like 1000...then levels out. Also, when I turned the car back on after it shut off, it ran really high for a second, then cut back down to like 500..then leveled off. Is it possible that it's related to my OFF Road H pipe I did a week or two ago. Eliminators are installed but while driving one night I blew abolt on the pipe and the gasket was just hanging there. Triggered a check engine light and tried to adjust the idle for it. Now it's idling weird again. Any Correlation, dunno? Any ideas? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have no answers but I feel your pain... since I've had my 00 mine has done it twice. once during a turn which is always fun when the stupid powersteering turns off too...and 2nd time I was just going straight and was cruising in 3rd gear..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..

Hey,

At least I know i'm not the only one. Thanks anyways. Anyone else? TTT.

Mike

N

·
0 Posts
I have had this happen to me when my motor was supercharged. The problem was an air inlet leak. Once I tightened things up it ran fine after that.

Check it out...its worth a try.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ah ok...K&N could be the bad guy huh... I've never cleaned the MAF so is there anything I should know before I pop that sucker off and clean it? what do I use to clean it?

thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
if u clean the MAF I heard never touch it with anyhing I cleaned mine with brake cleaner. brake cleaner is hella fast drying but really make sure it's dry before u reinstall becuz of fumes .

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Ryan L said:
Put your MAF screen back in.
Ditto
Here's a dyno of 2 identical pulls, 1 w/ the screen 1 w/o the screen. w/0 was like .5 hp difference. Put it back in!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts