Ford Mustang Forums banner

FS: 2001 Cobra with Vortech and Aftercooler. 500+RWHP!!!

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  akatherazor4 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATED PICS FURTHER DOWN IN THIS THREAD

The time for me has come to sell my 2001 Cobra. I have put a ton of money and time into this vehichle to make it what it is. This car is an outstanding example of a 500+ rear wheel horsepower car that is reliable and tame enough to drive on the street daily without any concerns. It also has been upgraded in many areas to support the horsepower and help to put it to the ground.

The car has just recently been serviced along with a Virginia state inspection and emissions which is good for 2 years. All work has been professionally done and nothing was sacrificed when it comes to parts selection. The car has been supercharged for roughly 13-14k miles. I have over $55,000 invested and you can own it for a fraction of the cost. The need for an SUV forces the sale of my pride and joy.

I live in the Northern, Virginia area and anyone is welcome to set up an appointment to view the Cobra if they are interested in buying it. You can also contact me via email if you have any questions at akatherazor4@comcast.net . Below are all the specs and a few pictures.

2001 Cobra Coupe
#719 of 3867 Produced
Build Date: 05/03/2001
Exterior : True Blue
Interior: Black/Grey
30,500 Miles

Engine Modifications:

Vortech V-2 S-Trim Supercharger (GT Impellar) 14psi.
Vortech Aftercooler
Vortech Mini-Race Bypass Valve
AFM Powerpipe
K&N Filter
90m.m. Lightning Mass Air Meter
42lb. Injectors
SCT Chip and Custom Tune

Transmission:

Mcleod Kevlar Clutch
Steeda Adjustable Quadrant and Cable
Pro 5.0 Shifter w/MGW handle
FMS Aluminum Driveshaft
Driveshaft Safety Loop

Rearend:

2002 GT Live Axle
Moser 31 Spline Axles
Eaton Posi
4:10 Gears
Extended Axle Studs

Exhaust:

Bassani X-pipe with converters
(Mac off road H-pipe also goes with the sale of the car)
Mac Cat-Back with Flowpath Mufflers

Suspension:

Steeda Sport Springs
Granatelli Upper and Lower Control Arms
Sub-Frame Connectors

Wheels & Tires:

18x9 and 18x10.5 AFS 03 Polished Aluminum Cobra Wheels
265/35/18 front and 295/35/18 rear Khumo Tires (Less than 4k miles)

Misc. Interior & Exterior Items:

Cobra grill emblem
Tinted Windows
Tremec Shift Knob
Raptor Shift Light
Auto Meter Phantom Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauges (Pillar Mounted)
White A/C Gauge Face
Polished Aluminum Antenna
Polished Aluminum Cigarrette Lighter
Cobra Floormats (Original floor mats as well)
Bullit Pedals
Trunk Mounted Battery
03 Cobra Twin Fuel Pumps

The car produces 503 rear wheel horsepower and 430 rear wheel torque SAE corrected on a dynojet. Runs excellent with no stalling, bucking, surging, or searching idle problems. This Cobra has been professionally built and adult driven. Mobil1 every 3k miles. I have over $55,000 invested between the car and modifications. All reciepts are included with the sale.

Price- $19,900

See less See more
#5 ·
Pat88lx said:
I have seen this car in person and know George...this car was done right!
Thanks Pat I appreciate it. You know darn well this is the car you always wanted! It's a friggin steal at $19,900 man!!!! Also please call me, I have someone interested in your T-Trim setup.

George. ;)

#9 ·
BallisticCoupe5L said:
Man thats a sweet car, you wouldn;t want to trade for a 95 White Lightning with a vortech +some cash would you? If not GL selling it.. Someone would have a nice car if they get this one.
Your truck sounds like allot of fun but I already have secured my new vehichle. Thanks for your interest.

George.

#10 ·
TTT for Ya.. Beautiful car...

If you mind me asking you a question on how to get the GT impeller upgrade and what that costs? I cant seem to get vortech to get back to me..

#11 ·
tms217 said:
TTT for Ya.. Beautiful car...

If you mind me asking you a question on how to get the GT impeller upgrade and what that costs? I cant seem to get vortech to get back to me..
I'm not sure what the upgrade itself costs. I bought my kit with this option. ;)

Thanks,
George.

#12 ·
Video's of the Cobra for a limited time.

Below are 2 video's of my Cobra at the track. Many people have asked for them and I am making these available for a short time only. You must also realize that both I and this car togeather have seen very little track time. While I have raced as a weekend warrior for quite sometime, I haven't had much time at all to get comfortable with this car at the track. With the proper driver, tires, and traction the car can go much faster.

The first video is of 3 passes in the 1/8 mile. The track was terrible and with the Nitto drag radials I had little to no traction. 60ft times were in the 1.93-1.99 range. The second video is a pass in the 1/4 mile. It was my first and only time to run ET Streets on the car and I realized that a 28inch tall tire killed the m.p.h. and ET big time. I also have another 1/4 mile video on street tires and I went 11.93 @ 122mph. I don't have enough space to host it at this point, but I may replace one of these video's in the future so you can see it as well.

Enjoy,
George.

1/8th Mile Passes

1/4 Mile Pass

#13 ·
That's an awesome car george, best of luck to you!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.