Ford Mustang Forums banner

Noise difference V1 to V2 s trim ?

654 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  David1969 
#1 ·
A friend just bought a V2 S-trim, to put on his V8, should be interesting,
how much different is the noise from a V2 with the helical cut gears, as to that of the V1 with the straight cut?? tia....

#3 ·
The V1 is loud at idle only. Anything above 1000 rpm's and there is no more noise, at least from the V1's i've heard locally. The whistle is still noticeable from about 800rpm to about 1400rpm and then it goes away entirely; that is while sitting in the car as the exhaust pretty much drowns out any other noise outside the car. It may be different when passing by someone stationary that can listed for it, but i wouldn't think it would be too noticeable.

My wife hates riding with me in the car when we come up to a stop light as the supercharger whine/whistle is embarassing to her. She thinks everyone's looking at us because the car has a problem (like a vac leak or something), when in fact they are probably just admiring a blown Cobra. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.